Banff/Lake Louise: Restaurants with a view

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions on restaurants with a view in Banff or Lake Louise area? Like steaks and salads; never had wild game but would like to try it. Thanks.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 04:40 AM

The lounge in the Banff Springs Hotel has a great view down the valley - however as its a bar no one under 18 is allowed. The menu is more than just "bar" food. I suspect that the same would hold true for Chateau Lake Louise (although its been years since I was there). Also the Rimrock Hotel in Banff would have a great view. Most of the restaurants in the Banff townsite would only have a view of people walking by on the street.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 05:39 AM

I know I have been posting this to a few threads lately, but the Chateau on Lake Louise has (had) a very nice restaurant that has huge windows that overlook the lake. We had dinner there one night about 3 years ago and it was wonderful. It's pretty expensive and I think men have to wear jackets (not sure), but the view of the lake is beautiful. Someone plays a grand piano during dinner, etc.

Have fun!

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:59 AM

This is about an hour further than Lake Louise--but the most spectacular place you'll find for views & mountains a wonderful meal & service to boot, is to take the gondola up 7,700 feet & eat at the Eagle's Eye restaurant by Golden, BC. You won't regret it!

We had lunch at both Moraine Lake & Emerald Lake Lodges--very good food, beautiful settings by the lake.

Becker's Gourmet restaurant in Jasper by the river - great food.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:21 PM

There are several restaurants, lounge areas, and patios in the Chateau Lake Louise with views of the lake and mountains. Check with the hotel for the price range that suits you and make reservations, requesting a view table.
In Banff there are good mountain views from the lounge or either of the 2 restaurants in the Rimrock hotel. Again check for the difference in prices and ask for view reservations.

The views from the Banff Springs Hotel are in my opinion even more gorgeous than at the Rimrock. But I have not eaten there so can't be specific about the restaurant choices there.
Also, I have heard there is a good restaurant at the top of the Lake Louise gondola but I missed that due to lack of time.
For a nice picnic you can get a sandwich at the icecream&deli by the park in downtown Banff and eat in the park by the river.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:00 PM

Fairview Room at Lake Louise is very expensive but has a great view. Men do have to wear jackets.
Victoria Room also has a good view, not quite as expensive and no jacket required, though I wouldn't wear jeans there. It has a huge buffet for $65 (Canadian) as well as a la carte.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 04:27 AM

The Deer Lodge patio at Lake Louise offers a great view of the mountains while surrounded by beautiful perennial gardens. Their menu includes some wild game options as well. Although this is an older property which is located farther from the lake than the Chateau, I believe that it would provide you with a fine dining experience and a scenic getaway from the crowds along the lake front.