Search

Peak Seasons

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 10:23 AM
Stephanie

Peak Seasons

Hello, <BR>What are the peak seasons or more to the point, what (if any) are the 'off seasons' in the Banff and Lake Louise areas? <BR>Thanks for your help! <BR>

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 02:18 PM
XXX

maybe part of october and part of november. check the banff website and the hotels will have prices for the different times of the year.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 10:34 AM
lili

to my surprise, when we were in banff in march '99, it was still their "off" season, so i'd say winter is off (october - april) ... stayed at a great B&B right in town, no frills (shared bathroom for 2 rooms, and private appartment), $40/nite with an awesome from scratch breakfast, she even packed us a lunch, if you're interested email me and i'll dig up the name and number

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 12:31 PM
xxx

winter is not the off season. that's the ski season. most hotels are $100 plus.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 11:19 AM
lili

to mr. xxx - yes, winter is ski season, but compared to the traffic of the summer in banff, winter is also the "off" season according ot all the b&bs in the area who won't serve you breakfast because according to them, it is the OFF season ... except the one place i mentioned in a previous post, that is