Banff in february

Sep 9th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Dean Clarke

Banff in february

Me and my familly are heading for ten days @ banff in february to ski for the first time. we have six days to ski and the remaining four days we want to see must see things can you please recomend must see's and recomend where to eat, please help.

Sep 9th, 2002, 04:46 PM
ja

Hi, Dean,
In February the falls in lower Johnston Canyon will still be frozen, and it's not too difficult a hike up there - well worth seeing. I wouldn't advise continuing up the trail to the Ink Pots at that time of year, however. The hot springs are always great, and especially when it's snowy and cold out. Shopping along the main drag is fun, and it may not be too crowded there in February, so you can take your time and window-shop, too.
The only place we've eaten at in Banff the past couple of years is Bruno's pizza - we take a room with a kitchen and cook the majority of our meals, so I can't help there.
Enjoy your vacation in our beautiful Rockies!
ja

Sep 9th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Stuart

I live here so you're talking to a local.

I agree with the previous reply.

Go see the ice scuptures at Lake Louise. Go on a heli tour with Alpine helicopters. (403-678-4802) Try a sleigh ride. (403-762-4551) Phone White Mountain tours and ask them about wilderness snowshoeing (403 678-4099) Phone Snowy Owl Sled dog tours and go dog sledding! (403 678-4369)

Lots of places to eat; depends upon your tastes and budget. My favourites:

Melissa's, Guido's, Coyotes, The Rimrock Hotel and/or The Banff Springs Hotel. I like Joe's Diner (50's style) and Tuscany at the Mnt. Royal Hotel. Banff Park Lodge has two nice places as well.

Anything else? Email me direct if you like.

Blessings,

Stuart <><

Search this Thread