Family of 4 with two kids ages 8 & 10 driving from Philadelphia, PA area to Eastport Maine this August. Would like to get to Nova Scotia (Cape Breton) without killing ourselves with driving and have the whole trip take two weeks - I know tall order.
Rough draft so far:
Day 1 - Drive from Bucks County PA to - Portland Maine - estimate 7 1/2 hours (ugh) - 1 night
Day 2 - Drive Portland, ME to Eastport, ME - estimate 5 hours - 2 nights
Day 4 - Drive to St. Andrews, NB Canada - estimate 1 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 5 - Drive to Alma, NB Canada - estimate 2 1/2 hours - 1 night
Day 6 - Drive to somewhere on the way to Cape Breton - estimate ?? - 1 night
Day 7- Mystery location to Cape Breton - stay 3 night
Day 10 - Start to head home - What should we try to see on our way back to PA?
This does seem a bit insane.....alternate suggestions are welcome. Really would like to get to Cape Breton.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI in 7 Days
- 2 East Cost Road trip from Toronto to NB, PEI, NS in 9 days
- 3 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 4 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 5 Montreal for new Years
- 6 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 7 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 8 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 9 Toronto - here we come!
- 10 Christmas in Quebec City
- 11 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 12 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 13 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 14 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 15 Montreal for New Years
- 16 Babymoon Destination
- 17 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 18 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 19 My Family Travle Vlog
- 20 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 21 Ottawa in December
- 22 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 23 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 24 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 25 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
Back again tweaking Eastport Maine/Canada/NS trip - August 2013