We are a couple of middle-aged Aussies who love to travel independently. Scenery, nature, lighthouses, medium hikes are all on our list of interests.
We are in the very early stages of planning a 6 week trip in July/August 2016. Our plan is to catch the overnight ferry from Portland, ME to Yarmouth, NS then hire a car and we will have about 20 days to get from there to Quebec.
Thinking of driving to just west of Halifax and staying for 3 nights and exploring Halifax and surrounds. Then possibly 4 nights on Cape Breton - any suggestions on where best to stay. We definitely want to drive the Cabot Trail (weather permitting). Hopewell Cape/Bay of Fundy are also on our list as is PEI (I am an Anne of Green Gables fan). Wondering about accommodation on PEI - better to stay in Charlottetown or somewhere out on the east coast? Is 4 nights on PEI reasonable?
Apart from Alma and the Bay of Fundy, I have no particular ideas for New Brunswick. Is Fredericton worth a night or 2? I there anything of particular note north of Fredericton? Can we reasonably drive from Fredericton to Quebec city in a day?
I look forward to hearing ideas and suggestions from locals and other travellers.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.usadietplan.com/renuvaline-cream/
- 2 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 3 Montreal for new Years
- 4 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 5 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Toronto - here we come!
- 8 Christmas in Quebec City
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 11 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 12 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 13 Montreal for New Years
- 14 Babymoon Destination
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 17 My Family Travle Vlog
- 18 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 19 Ottawa in December
- 20 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 21 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 22 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 23 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 24 Montreal & Quebec City
- 25 Victoria in December