Airport transportation at Dorval

Nov 17th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Susan

Airport transportation at Dorval

Hi, I would like to get some advice. I will be flying into Dorval airport next week at 1:00 am. I know at that time probably the only transportation is taxi. I am wondering if it is safe? Is it easy to get a taxi at that time? Also, about how much in Canadian dollars does it cost to go from Dorval to downtown Montreal? Thanks in advance!

Nov 17th, 2002, 09:00 PM
A.M.

I would say it is safer than most places. I have flown into Mtl. at that time and had no problem getting a cab. The cost should be around $30ca, depending, of course, on where in downtown you are staying.

Nov 18th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Louis

Dorval to downtown is $C28, flat rate.

Dec 19th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Tom

Hi,
I would like to add an additional
question. I read on the Montreal
Airport Website that the taxi services
accept M/C & VISA. Does anyone know
if this is true?

Dec 19th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Louis

Yes, this is true. To get a permit to pick-up passangers at Dorval, all taxis are required to accept Visa & Mastercard

Dec 19th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Susan

The taxi picking you up the airport will take Visa, however the one dropping you off at the end of the trip may not. On more than 1 occasion, I've asked before getting into a cab, only to find out when I've arrived at the airport that the driver doesn't take credit cards or his machine is broken or some other excuse.

Dec 20th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Tom

Question:
If the rate to go by taxi downtown
is a flat $28 Can. is that plus tip?
Tom

Dec 20th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Louis

Yes, make it 30$ with tip.

Dec 21st, 2002, 11:27 AM
Julian Smith

We did this a few weeks ago. On the way into Montreal the taxi driver (full credit to him) told us that it was a flat fare (our guide book was useless on the subject). But going back to the airport from Downton a different driver tried to raise the price when we asked him to confirm how much the fare would be before setting off. So make sure that before the trip starts both you and the driver understand that you are paying $28 and then tip him as you wish. Otherwise you risk being ripped off at your destination.