activites for kids and adults

Feb 11th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

activites for kids and adults

My husband and I are taking our first trip to Quebec city for my 40th at the end of July. We do have to bring our 2 yr old and 4 yr old with us though! I would appreciate any suggestions for fun activites with them. We did manage to book a hotel with baby sitting service so we have the luxury of 2 nights out on our own, one of which will be my 40th birthday night. Would really appreciate suggestions for how to make best use of those 2 occasions! Romantic restaurants are a rare treat these days.
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:21 PM
wow

This is the saddest post I have ever read. You are going on a trip and you are bringing your 2 children along but only b/c you are compelled to do so.
I feel sorry for your children.
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

I did not mean it to sound like that! We are bringing them with us because I cannot imagine going with out them.
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM

BernieMc, unfortunately I can't help you as I've never been to Quebec City. If you don't get many responses, you may want to repost but include "Quebec City" it in its subject. You may get more knowledgeable replies.

I don't think your post is in any way sad, let alone the saddest I've read because you are taking your children with you. I didn't get the impression you are "compelled" to take them either.

Feb 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestion ShelliDawn. I am new at this posting stuff but it seems like a great way to get information. I'll try reposting with a different subject heading. I appreciate your reply.
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
wow

She said we "have" to bring them implying that she did not want her children to go on this trip. And, she has arranged for 2 nights where she does not have to be w/ them.
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Dear wow,
thank you for your comments. You need not waste any more of your time analysing my grammer but can instead devote your time to helping aspiring tourists. I have reworded my post and hope it meets with your approval. If you have any helpful suggestions as to activites I am more than willing to read them.
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:50 PM
wow

No,BernieMc, I do not have any helpful suggestions except to suggest that you not leave your 2 yo & 4 yo w/ complete strangers so that you can indulge yourself in romantic dinners. But, you did not ask about that. So, I will henceforth "devote my time to helping aspiring tourists".

Feb 11th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

Dear wow,
since our babysitter comes courtesy of a friend, who is staying in the same hotel for part of our stay, our children will not be with a stranger. However, it is good to know that there are people like you out there taking such good care of all of us.
Feb 11th, 2008, 09:14 PM
wow

"We did manage to book a hotel with babysitting services..." That's what you said, BernieMc. But, now it's a "friend who is staying in the same hotel..."
Listen... you do not have to be so sarcastic. I am not here to take care of everybody. I have bigger fish to fry. Your OP struck me b/c you came across as self-indulgent & immature. Your subsequent posts have confirmed my initial impression of you.
Feb 11th, 2008, 09:40 PM

Hello! Good for you going out and enjoying yourself on your 40th birthday. I am not from Quebec city either but plan on going this August. A good place for restaurant reviews is Chowhounds. Also tripadvisor has reviews on restaurants. Take care and I hope you have fun.