My husband and I have booked a 9 day trip to Quebec over the Christmas holiday. So far we are flying into Montreal on 12/18 and flying out of QC on 12/27. A rough outline of our itinerary is below, and I am especially interested in hearing feedback on our QC and Charleviox leg of the trip. We are easy going, and love the outdoors (even in the cold), beautiful scenery (rural or urban), and a good glass of beer or wine...
-Dec 18-21: We plan to stay in Montreal first, staying at LHotel in downtown/Old Montreal. We are looking forward to dining out at some fun restaurants, seeing the fireworks on Saturday night and trying to catch the free concert at 3 pm the Museum of Fine Art. We live in Washington DC, and I know Montreal is a much more eccentric and diverse city, but we are not terribly interested in spending the whole time in an urban enclave, so three days I hope will be enough to get a taste of the city. From there, on to more provincial settings...
-Dec 21-24: Take the train to Quebec City. No plans yet where to stay or what to do. Thinking about Grand Allee, Old Quebec and seeing the historical sites. We are very laid back travelers, and happy to check out anything off the beaten trail, so we'd love any recommendations for particularly memorable experiences. We are talking about staying in the Saint-Roch neighborhood, and want to be somewhere lively with restaurants, bars, and some late night activity.
-Dec 24-27: On a total wild hare, we're looking at taking the bus (or the LRT if it is running) up to Baie-Saint-Paul and staying for a few days at the Hotel La Ferme. We are hoping to do the spa and hot springs, some skiing, maybe a half-day dog sledding, and generally eat good food and relax. Anyone who has been here in the winter have any thoughts on whether it's as good in the snow as it is in the sun?
Thanks for any and all help, we're really looking forward to a good mix of light sightseeing, outdoor activity, and FOOD.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.guidemehealth.com/ziladerm/
- 2 EPSON 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT EPSON Tec*h by 24/7
- 3 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 4 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 5 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 6 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 7 Montreal for New Years
- 8 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 9 Babymoon Destination
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 12 My Family Travle Vlog
- 13 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 14 Ottawa in December
- 15 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 16 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 17 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 18 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 19 Montreal & Quebec City
- 20 Victoria in December
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 23 Happy Canada Day
- 24 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 25 What is famous in canada?