Our Dutch in-laws and their two kids (8 and 10) are meeting us in Canada next summer for 2 weeks with our kids (10 and 12). We're looking at visiting Montreal, Toronto and then possibly renting a house in between - maybe at one of the lakes.
I'm embarassed that I have never been to our neighbors to the north ... we're driving from Va.
The things we love are:
* great food - farmers market, farms, restaurants
* great art
* outdoors activities -- not overly touristy things like amusement parks unless they are unique. Love to hike, boat, swim etc
* tour towns and see the countryside
Are there any "must see's or must do's"? Also, if you were going to try to find a rental house on a really clean, nice lake, where would you turn? We are open to all advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Reset Contact 1888~482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h sup0rt care 24/7
- 2 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 3 Montreal for new Years
- 4 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 5 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Toronto - here we come!
- 8 Christmas in Quebec City
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 11 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 12 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 13 Montreal for New Years
- 14 Babymoon Destination
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 17 My Family Travle Vlog
- 18 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 19 Ottawa in December
- 20 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 21 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 22 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 23 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 24 Montreal & Quebec City
- 25 Victoria in December
2 families - 2 weeks - Montreal, Toronto and lakes -- ideas? (Summer 2013)