Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page > 1week driving Nova Scotia July 30th ideas for itineraries

1week driving Nova Scotia July 30th ideas for itineraries

Apr 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

1week driving Nova Scotia July 30th ideas for itineraries

We are travelling to Nova Scotia for 1week July 30th. We would like some ideas on itineraries. Our main goal is seeing Cape Breton Island and Lunenburg. We will have a rental car
Apr 30th, 2018, 05:38 PM

You'll do best here if at least expressing some of your own parameters.

It doesn't quite work to have somebody else just plan your vacation to every detail.

IF you are arriving in Halifax by plane, then go north to Cape Breton as soon as is comfortable, and get that out of the way (as a priority), before perhaps returning to Halifax to use as a base for the rest of the time, and make Lunenburg a day trip from there.

Were it ME, I would add a day trip to the Bay of Fundy to experience the tides there.

Also, you might as well dine at Peggy's Cove, by the lighthouse... perhaps on the way back from Lunenburg.

If you share a sense of who you are and what sorts of things you're hoping to see/experience, people here can be more helpful.

Short of that, if you click on my name and scroll down/back, you will find lots of posts on Nova Scotia to read, just for ideas.
Apr 30th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. My iternary I planned sounds a lot like what you have said. We arrive in Halifax and from there we are heading to Cape Breton for 4 nights. Wanted to take our time to explore! From there we are going to Lunenburg and staying the night. Will do Peggy’s cove. After that we will stay in Halifax for 2 nights. Not sure if we will be able to get to the bay of funds. Will play that as we go.

Search this Thread