Reload this Page >

10 day trip to NS and PEI

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 09:35 PM
roberta

we are planning a 10 day trip June 28 - July 9. We are flying in to Halifax. Would like suggestions of how to travel, places to stay and things to do.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 06:33 AM
molly

Roberta, if you haven't already done so, send for Nova Scotia's excellent Doer and Dreamers Guide 1-800-565-0000. It will give you a good overview and help you to narrow your focus. <BR>As far as how to travel, as you're flying in, it seems that renting a car, unless you intend to spend the entire vacation based in Halifax, is your best bet, and gives you flexibility.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:30 PM
Elizabeth

Hi Roberta,<BR> Molly knows what she's talking about. The Doer and Dreamers guide is essential and it's free. If you can, try to fit Cape Breton (Baddeck and the Cabot Trail) into your vacation as well as the south shore of N.S. A great hotel in Baddeck is the Inverary Inn. Along the Cabot Trail is the beautiful Keltic Lodge. The south shore includes Mahone Bay, Chester and my favorite; Lunenburg. The Lunenburg Inn ($130cnd)as well as the Hillcroft ($60 cnd)are two of my favorite inns. In Halifax we have the Haliburton House. It's romantic and still downtown. They also have a wonderful restaurant. If you want to be in the thick of things, try the Lord Nelson, Delta Barrington or the Sheraton.<BR> As far as how to travel, definitely by car. It's easy to get around the province and people are always happy to help with directions. Have fun!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:57 AM
dick

halifax has become a world class city...musuems, restaurants, fun waterfront...halliburton house inn and restaurant are winners [but a bit costly]. we made circle from mthere over bridge to pei and after a few days to new brunswick with stops in moncton and st john before taking ferry across to nova scotia and driving along the western shore and back into halifax. 3 wonderful weeks. if you are in st john i suggest red rose inn a lovely mansion in residential area.my besty memories are the maritime museum in halifax, the shore along the north of pei ,the market and squares in st john and the tour of the martello tower there and the national park on the new brunswich shore of the bay of fundy [walk at low tide]. the drive from digby along the west shore of nova scotia was a bit of a letdown..looked like new england [nice of course but i had expected something more 'foreign' or french.

Old May 5th, 2002, 04:19 AM
arjay

Cape Breton. Cape Breton. Cape Breton! IF, that is, you are in the mood for peace, relaxation, shoreside reveries and fantastic scenery. Don't miss it!

Old May 15th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Shanon

Roberta:<BR>Doer and Dreamers Guide is a must!<BR>I live in Halifax so try and spend a few days here, there is lots to see and do. Check out the surrounding areas as well. The Cabot Trail in Cape Breton is beautiful. You could always drive from Hfx to Cape Breton, tour the Trail and then drive back to the mainland and take the ferry from Pictou to PEI. I recommend seeing Anne of Green Gables at the Confederation Centre!