I am originally from India and currently residing in India with a USA passport. I am traveling with my family to NZ for 22 days in April. My wife and two kids (also originally from India) also have USA passports. Since USA is a visa waiver country we do not require visas for visiting NZ. NZ immigration website quotes the following:
People from some countries don't need a visitor visa to enter New Zealand. However, they are still required to provide:
1) travel tickets or evidence of onward travel arrangements, and
2) evidence of funds for maintenance
I have return tickets for 1). For 2) can I show the NZ dollars which I will be carrying (approximately $2,000) along with my credit cards. Or do I also need to show documents like my kid's school reports, employment in India etc. to show ties to India. Or these are not required ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACT RICOH Techh care
- 2 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 3 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 4 Sydney High tea
- 5 70-Something Suggestions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 8 30 Days Down Under
- 9 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 10 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 11 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 12 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 13 Australia for two weeks.
- 14 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 15 Itinerary decisions
- 16 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 17 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 18 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 19 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 20 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 21 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 22 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 23 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 24 First time visiting Australia
- 25 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive