me and a friend are soon to be travelling the East Coast of Australia and were looking for some help on what to do while we're there!
We fly to Cairns on 20th January and fly out from Melbourne on 11th March so we're in Oz for about 7 weeks. We're thinking of getting the greyhound bus from Cairns - Sydney and then renting a campervan to drive / sleep in from Sydney to Melbourne.
We have friends in both Sydney and Melbourne so should be ok for places to stay there but we're a bit unsure what to do / where to stay from Cairns - Sydney. We're budgeting around 4600 Aus dollars for the duration. Is this enough? We want to do excursions like scuba diving / whitsundays / castaway and I think we might save skydiving / bungee jumping for New Zealand.
Any tips / advice would be greatly appreciated as we have very little experience travelling (we are currently in South East Asia for the first time) so need all the help we can get!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/brain360/
- 2 Sydney High tea
- 3 Melbourne lodging locations
- 4 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 5 30 Days Down Under
- 6 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 7 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 8 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 9 70-Something Suggestions
- 10 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 11 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 12 Australia for two weeks.
- 13 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 14 Itinerary decisions
- 15 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 16 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 17 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 18 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 19 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 20 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 21 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 22 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 23 First time visiting Australia
- 24 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 25 Australia dollar