I'll have two days off (but not 2 days in a row) while working in Melbourne. On my previous trip, I had an amazing four days, driving the Great Ocean Road and visiting the Grampians.
This time, I'm thinking about taking an organized tour on each of me days off. One day to Phillip Island to see the Koala Conservation Center, Nobbies Center, and Penguin Parade; the other day to the Dandenongs.
I'm hoping to find tours that allow a bit of time for wandering and maybe even taking a walk -- as opposed to hop off the bus, snap a photo, and move on.
Unfortunately, I probably can't afford a private tour guide and would prefer not to rent a car.
PS. I'm not interested in wineries or chocolate factories -- and it seems most of the tours include these.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Sydney High tea
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 2 week Australia recommendations
- 4 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 5 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 6 70-Something Suggestions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 9 30 Days Down Under
- 10 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 11 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 12 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 13 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 14 Australia for two weeks.
- 15 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 16 Itinerary decisions
- 17 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 18 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 19 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 20 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 21 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 22 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 23 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 24 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 25 First time visiting Australia