I want to go to Australia next year and I am planning on going in February. I want to go in the summer and I figured it'd be best to avoid December & January since the kids will be out of school during those months. I want to go with the mindset that I will never go back so I want to cover some major mileage.
I plan on renting a campervan with a small group of people. First- I want to spend 2 nights in Sydney then make my way to Torquay to begin the Great Ocean Road, which I have read ends up in Allansford/Warmambool. From there, I want to go to Adelaide to go cage diving. Then I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and make it back to Sydney.
Trust me, I am fully aware that this is A TON of mileage. I'm not planning on a relaxing vacation. I want to be on the go and see as much as possible. Please let me know if this is totally unrealistic to do within a 12-14 day vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 30 Days Down Under
- 2 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 3 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 4 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 5 70-Something Suggestions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Sydney High tea
- 8 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 9 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 10 Australia for two weeks.
- 11 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 12 Itinerary decisions
- 13 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 14 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 15 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 16 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 17 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 18 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 19 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 20 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 21 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 22 First time visiting Australia
- 23 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 24 Australia dollar
- 25 Australia - first time