My boyfriend and I are looking for an apartment in Sydney for the month of January. I have never been there, and he was there for a few weeks back in December 1998. Absolutely loved the city, but he doesnt remember a ton about specific neighborhoods.
If you have any ideas on specific neighborhoods that you think we should look into, we'd be all ears. It's hard when you don't know someone or what they like, but I guess these are some of the things we'd look for in an ideal area.
- On or near the beach -- swimming, kayaking, biking, SUP, etc.
- Near sailing since we'll likely be taking some sailing courses while we're there
- Walking distance to good food shops -- we're very into cooking and healthy eating, and do lots of shopping at farmer's markets, organic butchers, local fish shops, etc.
- Walking distance to interesting restaurants and fun bars/ lounges
- Either walking to the CBD/downtown area, or a ferry, train or subway away, with access both during the day and at night -- we'd consider renting a car while there, but ideally wouldn't have to
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 MCAFEE @renewal Installation CONTACT☎1888 279 0246 onlineRrepresentative
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Christmas in Cairns
- 4 NYE Perth
- 5 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 6 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 14 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 15 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 16 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 17 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 18 2 week Australia recommendations
- 19 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 20 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 21 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 22 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 23 Australia + Surf
- 24 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 25 Sydney High tea