This forum is amazing! Thank you Melnq8 and other experienced travelers for your comments.
Here is our plan. We will fly from Washington DC - we already have tickets DC to Aukland and Christchurch to DC. We did not book any hotels, flights or rental cars yet. Please give us advice.
Nov 2: at 12:50 pm arrive to Aukland then fly to Nelson. Night in Nelson
Nov 3: All day in Abel Tasman Park. We are planning to take a bus from Nelson to park and relax. Night in Nelson
Nov 4: Rent a car. All day (about 6 hours) drive to Franz Josef. Night in Franz Josef
Nov 5: Spend half a day in Franz Josef. In the evening Drive to Wanaka (about 3.5 hours). Night in Wanaka
Nov 6: All day relax in Wanaka. Night in Wanaka
Nov 7: Drive to Mt. Cook and back. Night in Wanaka
Nov 8: Drive to Queenstown in the morning (about 1.5 hours). Spend most of the day in Queenstown. Night in Queenstown
Nov 9: Spend most of the day in Queenstown. Drive to Te Anau in the evening (about 2.5 hours). Night in Te Anau
Nov 10: All day in Milford Sound. Night in Te Anau
Nov 11: Spend half a day in Te Anau. In the afternoon drive to Dunedin (about 4 hours). Night in Dunedin.
Nov 12: All day on Otago peninsula. Night in Dunedin
Nov 13: All day in Dunedin. Night in Dunedin
Nov 14: All day drive to Christchurch (about 5 hours). Night in Christchurch
Nov 15: Spend half a day in Christchurch. Fly home at 6:35 pm.
I feel like we want to do too many things in too short time, but it was not easy for me and my husband to get 2 week vacations...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AVIRA INSTALLATION ☎ 1~800~570:1233 ERROR Contact ☎ Tec*h CALL.
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 30 Days Down Under
- 4 NYE Perth
- 5 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 6 Christmas in Cairns
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 14 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 15 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 16 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 17 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 18 2 week Australia recommendations
- 19 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 20 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 21 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 22 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 23 Australia + Surf
- 24 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 25 Sydney High tea