We are a family of 4 with 2 little kids (9 & 5) and planning our first NZ trip in February next year.
Flying in to Christchurch and back from Queenstown.
Looking for some trip ideas based on your recent experience.
This is what I have thought so far :
1) Arriving in CCH friday late night
2) Saturday - drive to Lake Pukaki/Tekapo, stay overnight.
3) Sun and Mon night - in Wanaka
4) Tuesday night - Milford sound, incl night stay
5) Wednesday - Sunday nights- queenstown
6) Monday morning -fly back
Might be able to manage short walks (up to 30-45 mins). Not sure if Mt Cook is worth the drive as its almost a big detour if driving from CCH to Queenstown.
Also if anyone could recommend scenic drives along the way, that would be great. I have heard drive to milford via homer tunnel is breathtaking.
appreciate any suggestions.
also welcome suggestions on which websites to find reasonable accomodation - preferably self contained. Is air bnb or stayz big in NZ?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 NYE Perth
- 3 Christmas in Cairns
- 4 30 Days Down Under
- 5 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 6 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 14 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 15 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 16 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 17 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 18 2 week Australia recommendations
- 19 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 20 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 21 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 22 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 23 Australia + Surf
- 24 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 25 Sydney High tea