So here's the question. We are ending a trip in the South Island with a Milford Sound tour and will be back to Te Anau about 12:30PM. Had planned on driving that day to Tekapo, 5 hours or more, spending a night and then on to Christchurch, 3 hours, to catch a plane to Auckland the next day. Are we crazy?
Won't see much of Christchurch and I'm wondering if I should should go to Queenstown for a couple of nights and fly to Auckland from there. What do you think? As always I value all input.
I know we are going to miss Mt. Cook
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 ROADRUNNER 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ROADRUNNER Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Sydney High tea
- 3 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 4 2 week Australia recommendations
- 5 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 6 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 7 70-Something Suggestions
- 8 Melbourne lodging locations
- 9 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 10 30 Days Down Under
- 11 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 12 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 13 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 14 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 15 Australia for two weeks.
- 16 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 17 Itinerary decisions
- 18 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 19 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 20 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 21 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 22 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 23 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 24 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 25 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?