So here's the question. We are ending a trip in the South Island with a Milford Sound tour and will be back to Te Anau about 12:30PM. Had planned on driving that day to Tekapo, 5 hours or more, spending a night and then on to Christchurch, 3 hours, to catch a plane to Auckland the next day. Are we crazy?
Won't see much of Christchurch and I'm wondering if I should should go to Queenstown for a couple of nights and fly to Auckland from there. What do you think? As always I value all input.
I know we are going to miss Mt. Cook
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Oklahoma State vs Kansas State
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 4 Australia for two weeks.
- 5 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 6 Itinerary decisions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 9 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 10 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 11 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 12 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 13 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 14 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 15 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 16 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 17 First time visiting Australia
- 18 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 19 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 20 Australia dollar
- 21 Australia - first time
- 22 Sydney airport
- 23 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 24 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 25 great barrfier reef