I've read through many older posts and wanted to get your feedback on our proposed North Island itinerary. We will be traveling in late November and I've heeded the earlier advice from many to stick to one island given the short timeframe. We are in our early 40's and interested in scenery, visting small towns, wine, and just overall experiencing a new place. We will be driving once we leave Auckland.
One item worth noting- we have to fly through Sydney and I originally thought we should add a day or two there (I've never been, my husband has), but I don't think I have any time to spare in the agenda below...except maybe starting our trip a day earlier.
Monday- arrive Auckland in the afternoon; recover from insane flight
Fri- drop car in Wellington and fly back to Auckland
Sat- depart for home
Ok, what would you change?? It seems like we're missing a ton, but there's only so much we can see in 12 days as we don't want to feel rushed. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER I8OO:57O:I233 INSTALLATION CONTACT HP Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 Sydney High tea
- 4 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 5 70-Something Suggestions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 8 30 Days Down Under
- 9 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 10 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 11 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 12 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 13 Australia for two weeks.
- 14 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 15 Itinerary decisions
- 16 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 17 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 18 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 19 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 20 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 21 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 22 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 23 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 24 First time visiting Australia
- 25 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive