I'm planning my first trip to Australia and am starting to feel slightly overwhelmed. I'm hoping that your wisdom will help me.
I'll be flying from SFO to SYD. The trip dates, right now, are May 12 through May 22. I've also looked at May 28 through June 7.
Where your input is requested:
1. Would you secure your hotel and flight separately or book them as a package? I do realize that cost is a factor, but I'm curious to find if you've done either option and your satisfaction with said choice.
2. Based on my research, it seems that staying in the Sydney CBD area is the better option (at least for me). I'll be traveling solo. Am I wrong in this assumption?
Thank you in advance for providing your input.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AVG @ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 6 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 9 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 10 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 11 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 12 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 13 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 14 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 15 2 week Australia recommendations
- 16 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 17 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 18 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 19 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 20 Australia + Surf
- 21 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 22 Sydney High tea
- 23 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 24 70-Something Suggestions
- 25 Melbourne lodging locations