My Husband has been sponsored by an Australian Company to work on Sydney's North Shore, so we're moving this December from Metro Detroit. We will be living there for at least a year, probably longer.
We have been to Australia for 3 weeks previously in 2004 (loved every minute), visiting Sydney, Adeliade, taking the Ghan to Alice Springs, Uluru, and Palm Cove (including the awesome Daintree Air trip to Lizard).
We will be trying to make the most of our time there, so I need suggestions for weekend trips and some longer trips as well (since he will get generous vacation time).
We're in our mid-forties, good health, love adventure type stuff, and will have a car at our disposal. We are also bringing our Mountain Bikes.
I would also love suggestions for great experiences in and near Sydney as well.
On our to-do list already is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne in March, learning to surf at Manly, cooking classes at the Sydney Fish Market, hiking in Kings Canyon.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 शिकार epson PRINTER1800:681:7208 CONTACTepson Tec*hh care
- 2 Best New Zealand Restaurants
- 3 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 4 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 5 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 6 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 7 Best New Zealand wineries Napier
- 8 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 9 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 10 Melbourne lodging locations
- 11 Christmas in Cairns
- 12 30 Days Down Under
- 13 NYE Perth
- 14 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 15 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 16 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 17 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 18 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 19 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 20 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 21 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 22 2 week Australia recommendations
- 23 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 24 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 25 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase