We are excitedly planning our honeymoon in NZ for this coming February. We plan to take the ferry from Wellington into Picton, but are curious whether it would be too much to pick up a rental car and then drive to Christchurch that same day (with a stop in Kaikoura) or if there is somewhere inbetween that is worth staying a night to break it up?
Thank you in advance for your help! We've been referencing various threads on here to help plan our trip, finally realized we could just sign up ourselves and post our own question
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Mississippi State vs ARKANSAS
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 5 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 6 Itinerary decisions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 9 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 10 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 11 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 12 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 13 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 14 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 15 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 16 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 17 First time visiting Australia
- 18 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 19 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 20 Australia dollar
- 21 Australia - first time
- 22 Sydney airport
- 23 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 24 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 25 great barrfier reef
NZ SI: Picton to Christchurch anywhere worth staying a night?