Hi Fodor Friends!
We are planning a 6 week trip to Oz and NZ. We are all planned up to the North Island. We are flying into Wellington from Nelson after spending a few days in Abel Tasman Park on December 5. We really don't know what to do from there. Of course we want to see Rotoroa and Auckland, but I think we are now just planned out!! We cant decide whether to go to the Bay of Islands (we think it's too far at the end of a big trip and we'll be tired of driving) where to go in the Coromandel Peninsula, should be go to Napier? Lake Taupo? We will see the glow worm caves in Te Anau so we don't have to go to Waitomo, we aren't LOTR fans - but if were near we would check it out but it doesn't have to be a destination. We've been to Iceland & Yellowstone so the Rotorua area may not need too long. We love the outdoors, hiking (but I have knee problems and 10 k is about all I can do at a time)...
So December 5 & 6 in Wellington
Dec 7 - Napier?
Dec 8 - Rotoroa
Dec 9/10 - Coromandel
Dec 11/12 Auckland?
and December 13th we fly to Papeete in the afternoon.
I'd love your suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 शिकार brother PRINTER1800:681:7208 CONTACTbrother Tec*hh care
- 2 Best New Zealand Restaurants
- 3 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 4 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 5 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 6 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 7 Best New Zealand wineries Napier
- 8 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 9 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 10 Melbourne lodging locations
- 11 Christmas in Cairns
- 12 30 Days Down Under
- 13 NYE Perth
- 14 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 15 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 16 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 17 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 18 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 19 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 20 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 21 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 22 2 week Australia recommendations
- 23 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 24 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 25 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
Hi Fodor Friends!