I am planning a trip to New Zealand later this year and a part of the trip requires travel from Fox Glacier to Christchurch. I've been looking at the various bus and train schedules and it seems that the only route is via Greymouth. My question is whether this is a trip that can be done in a single day or if I should be looking at staying Greymouth for a night and travelling to Chirstchurch the next day. I'm not sure how accurate the arrival times for the buses are, but there's only about a 1/2 hour window between the bus arrival in Greymouth and the train departure, so I'm a little worried it's going to be too rushed, especially if the bus ends up being late.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Miss World 2017
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 5 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 6 Itinerary decisions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 9 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 10 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 11 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 12 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 13 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 14 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 15 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 16 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 17 First time visiting Australia
- 18 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 19 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 20 Australia dollar
- 21 Australia - first time
- 22 Sydney airport
- 23 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 24 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 25 great barrfier reef