Going to New Zealand in August 2016 for 12 days for my 1 yr wedding anniversary/honeymoon. Don't have much planned out so trying to crowd-source some info for it.
So far, I have -
30th Aug - Arriving at 1pm Auckland, staying the night (flying from Singapore). Maybe hit up the winery nearby the airport for the afternoon?
31st Aug - Fly from Auckland to Christchurch. Pick up rental car and drive to Mount Cook and stay there for two days and a night. Wife and I really want to see the Southern Lights, so we plan on driving straight there once we get to Christchurch.
That's it so far. We're pretty open ended, and have a few ideas of what we want to see (Franz Josef Glacier, a hike or two) but would really like some suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 2 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 3 Melbourne lodging locations
- 4 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 5 Christmas in Cairns
- 6 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 NYE Perth
- 9 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 10 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 11 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 12 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 13 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 14 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 15 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 16 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 17 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 18 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 19 2 week Australia recommendations
- 20 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 21 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 22 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 23 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 24 Australia + Surf
- 25 Car rentals from North/South Islands