My sister and I are going to New Zealand in February and we’d love some help planning an itinerary. Tentatively we have 10 days to do both islands – ambitious, we know! We would love feedback: recommendations on where to go/see/eat, ideas on maximizing our trip and Kiwi tips and insider knowledge. I’ve outlined a tentative time table. We’re coming from LA flying into Auckland. Except for while in Auckland we’ll have use of a car so we are flexible with our itinerary and over nights.
DAY 1:TUE: AUCKLAND – Acclimate to time change, adjust to different seasons, acquaint ourselves w/Kiwi culture
DAY 2: WED: ROTORUA
DAY 3: THUR: ROTORUA
DAY 4 : FRI: AUCKLAND
DAY 5: SAT: AUCKLAND
DAY 6: SUN: AUCKLAND
DAY 7: MON: CHRISTCHURCH
DAY 8: TUES: LAKE TEKAPO
DAY 9: WED: TWIZEL
DAY 10: THUR: QUEENSTOWN
DAY 11: FRI: QNTN/MELBOURNE, AU
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 American Music Awards 2017
- 2 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 3 30 Days Down Under
- 4 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 5 Australia for two weeks.
- 6 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 7 Itinerary decisions
- 8 Melbourne lodging locations
- 9 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 10 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 11 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 12 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 13 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 14 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 15 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 16 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 17 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 18 First time visiting Australia
- 19 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 20 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 21 Australia dollar
- 22 Australia - first time
- 23 Sydney airport
- 24 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 25 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?