My family will be in Australia in January, 2016. We plan to stay 5-6 days in the Great Barrier Reef area before heading to New Zealand. I have read the Fordors travel book and searched a few websites but I still do not know where we should stay as the area is so huge. I would appreciate some people could give me some advices.
(1) January is wet season with lot of rain. Is water clear in January and we are still good to see the coral?
(2) Where should we visit? Should we stay in one island? If so, is Hamilton a good choice? Or we should visit one island plus one mainland destination? We like beaches better than rainforests though we could spend a day in a eco-tour.
(3) Which islands you would recommend? We prefer middle to high end accommodations but we do not like to splurge too much in hotels.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 2 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 3 Christmas in Cairns
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 30 Days Down Under
- 6 NYE Perth
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 14 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 15 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 16 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 17 2 week Australia recommendations
- 18 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 19 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 20 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 21 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 22 Australia + Surf
- 23 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 24 Sydney High tea
- 25 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time