We'r planning a trip to Melbourne and Sydney in June 2012. We are a 20 plus couple from Singapore... would be great if you can advise if the below itinerary is doable
Day 1: Arrive in Melbourne at 7am. Visit Melbourne City.
Day 2: Collect rental car and head on to Puffing Billy for the 12:30 train, drive back to Yarra Valley / Healsville to stay for the night. Visit attractions near Puffing Billy like the Williams Rikett Sanctuary.
Stay for the night in Hill n Dale
Day 3: Explore Yarra Valley, Healsville and surrounds.
Stay for the night in Hill n Dale, Yarra Valley.
From Yarra Valley, drive down to Cowes for Philip Island (Chocolate Factory, Churchill Heritage Farm and penguins)
Stay the night in Philip Island
Drive from Philip Island to Mornington Peninsular
Ashcombe Maze, Moonlit Sanctuary... what are the other "must see sights" in Mornington?
Head back to Melbourne City to stay the night
*I have decided not to go via the Car Ferry as I heard this this might be a little tricky for rental cars? I'm also worried about rough waters if we go by this route....what do you think?
Drive from Mornington to Melbourne City direct to GOR via Geelong??
Visit Otway Lighthouse, Otway Fly Treetop Walk. Stay the night at Apollo Bay.
Lord Ard Gorge, 12 Apostles
Drive onwards to Warrnambool to Ballarat. Stay the night at Ballarat.
(**Is this doable? Or should we skip Ballarat for this trip and spend more time in Melbourne City?)
Drive from Ballarat back to Melbourne City.
Stay the night in Melbourne City.
Explore Melbourne City
Early flight from Melbourne to Sydney.
With the schedule, I will only be left with 4 nights in Sydney. Is 4 nights enough for Sydney... or should I skip Ballarat and spend one more night in Sydney..probably in the Blue Mountains...
Is this itinerary allowing enough time for the GOR? What other sights have I left out? Once again, thank you for taking the time to read
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 शिकार ICLOUD $Password Reset Contact 1:888:260:2909 ICLOUD Tec*hh
- 2 Christmas in Cairns
- 3 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 4 30 Days Down Under
- 5 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 6 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 7 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 8 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 9 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 10 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 11 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 12 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 13 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 14 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 15 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 16 2 week Australia recommendations
- 17 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 18 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 19 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 20 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 21 Australia + Surf
- 22 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 23 Sydney High tea
- 24 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 25 70-Something Suggestions
Melbourne Victoria Surrounds Itinerary Help Needed. Thanks!