My sister and I are leaving for Queenstown tomorrow and have hired a campervan. We have had some rough plans in our minds but wanted to wait until we saw what the weather was like until we made a plan.
The highlights I really want to see are MILFORD SOUND, WANAKA, MOUNT COOK and NUGGET POINT in Catlins Forest Park.
Would the below itinerary work? I know its a lot - but itineraries I have seen with tour companies are also crazy busy. What do you think?
Saturday 17th - Queenstown to Wanaka
Sunday 18th - Blue Pools, Mount Aspiring - Drive to Mount Cook (stay Mount Cook)
Monday 19th - Hooker Valley Walk (3 hr walk?)
Tuesday 20th - Tasman Glacier (1hr walk?) - Drive back to Queenstown
Wednesday 21st - Full day Queenstown (sister flys out from ZQN airport)
Thursday 22nd - Roys Peak Walk Wanaka
Friday 23rd - Wildwire Wanaka (already booked)
Saturday 24th - Day drive to Te Anau (3hrs?)
Sunday 25th - Full day Milford Sound Kayaking
Monday 26th - Day exploring from Te Anau to Catlins
Tuesday 27th - Sunrise Nugget Point - Drive back to Queenstown - 3pm flight
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 4 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 5 70-Something Suggestions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Sydney High tea
- 8 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 9 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 10 Australia for two weeks.
- 11 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 12 Itinerary decisions
- 13 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 14 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 15 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 16 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 17 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 18 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 19 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 20 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 21 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 22 First time visiting Australia
- 23 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 24 Australia dollar
- 25 Australia - first time