I have several questions re the KI part of the trip
We plan to fly to KI, so on the way in we will have to fly from Sydney to Adelaide and then on to KI. Expecting to be there by early afternoon. On the way back if we make it on the 8 am flight out, we should be able to take our international flight out of Adelaide. Is this a good way to plan? I am assuming the Adelatide-KI Rex air filigts are reliabe and travel on time.
Accommodation - extremely confusing with all the choices and the rather inconvenient cancellation policies. It seems one has to get it right the first time!
We prefer self catering places, so, I am now looking at the Aurora Ozone Apts, Hanson Beach Cabins, Wilderness Retreat and possibly the light keepers's cottage in Flinder's Chase as choices. Thinking we will spend the first 2 nights closer to Flinder's Chase and last night at Kingscote so that it would be convenient to take the morning flight out.
While isolated remote places sound very appealing to me, not sure if it is wise to be in places that do not have any Wifi or phones, especially since the party has seniors and child? Please help me narrow down to a couple of good places.
We are looking to get a guided tour for 2 days which excludes the day we arrive in KI. Not sure if should we also get ourselves a rental for the day we arrive in KI or just arrange for a transfer from airport?
Lots of questions - please help!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Christmas in Cairns
- 2 Transportation from the airport to the Rocks (Australian Heritage Hotel)?
- 3 30 Days Down Under
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 NYE Perth
- 6 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 14 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 15 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 16 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 17 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 18 2 week Australia recommendations
- 19 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 20 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 21 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 22 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 23 Australia + Surf
- 24 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 25 Sydney High tea