My wife and I are planning a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in via Cairns in late Oct early Nov 2013. We just read all about the dangerous Jellyfish that arrive around that time of year. This makes us extremely nervous and we wonder if we should go somewhere else for vacation. We have read about the stinger suits and staying inside the net areas near the beach, but we are still worried about the damage these deadly creatures can inflict. We don't want to be nervous the entire trip!
Can anyone offer their thoughts on the subject? Do the "stingers" ruin the trip? Are their numbers less during the Oct/Nov months?
Thank you in advance for any advice. This site and its bloggers have always been a huge help to me!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation CONTACT HP PRINTER Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 Sydney High tea
- 4 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 5 70-Something Suggestions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 8 30 Days Down Under
- 9 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 10 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 11 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 12 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 13 Australia for two weeks.
- 14 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 15 Itinerary decisions
- 16 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 17 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 18 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 19 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 20 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 21 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 22 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 23 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 24 First time visiting Australia
- 25 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive