My wife and I, middle-aged couple, will be traveling to NZ in October for 17 days. We read most of the previous posts and considering our desires (we are keen on light cycling, hiking, kayaking activities. Also, sightseeing beautiful nature - beaches, mountains, lakes) and the short period we will have, we decided to skip East (Kaikoura, Christchurch and Dunedin) and West Coast (Glaciers) of SI. Also, Wellington region and Rotorua (NI). We are willing to enjoy more daytime than evening activities and plan to travel by plane inter-regions and by car intra-region. Our initial itinerary is:
* Six days on Fiordland region, staying four days somewhere Queenstown (or would be better Arrowtown or even Wanaka?) and two days in Te Anau (we are prone to try Doubtful day-cruise and on our second day, by car, to Milford only for enjoy the tracks/trails - no boat there). What do you think?
* One night in Lake Tekapo or Twizel or Mt Cook. It would be enough/worth?
* Four days in Nelson & Marlborough region exploring region (Abel Tasman NP, Sounds, wineries, culture of cities, crafts, etc.). Our plan is to choose one place and stay there all this period exploring the region. Sounds sufficient to explore the region?
* Three days on Hawke's bay (one for Taupo/one for Napier/one for Tongariro NP) staying, probably, in Napier.
* Two days in Bay of Islands/Northland (Paihia)
* One day in Auckland (Waiheke Island)
We are uncertain about the move from SI to NI (Napier or Bay of Islands).
We would love to hear your thoughts.
PS - We arrive/depart from Auckland.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 2 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 3 Christmas in Cairns
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 30 Days Down Under
- 6 NYE Perth
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 14 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 15 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 16 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 17 2 week Australia recommendations
- 18 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 19 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 20 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 21 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 22 Australia + Surf
- 23 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 24 Sydney High tea
- 25 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time