Sorting out lodging. My friends offered for me to stay with them. I am going to take them up on it for the weekend, at least, maybe the whole "first part" of my Sydney stay. They live near the Koala sanctuary/park which appears to be a 20-25 minute drive from Sydney.
I am debating, though, having my first few nights be right in Sydney itself. My trip is likely going to be "Sydney five nights", then Melbourne etc, then "Sydney three or four nights" at the end. Although the end might turn out to be with a car, and then I might not stay in Sydney proper especially if I'm exploring.
Where would you stay? Which area, or hotel itself?
I don't have a frame of reference for hotel prices. Is it possible to be under 250-300 USD a night and still be in a good location? Or will I need to shell out for a good walkable location?
Thank you for any thoughts!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800~681 7208 Installation Contact शिकार HP Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 6 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 9 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 10 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 11 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 12 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 13 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 14 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 15 2 week Australia recommendations
- 16 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 17 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 18 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 19 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 20 Australia + Surf
- 21 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 22 Sydney High tea
- 23 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 24 70-Something Suggestions
- 25 Melbourne lodging locations