I am currently in the process of thinking through some ideas for a honeymoon for my fiancee and I post our wedding in July of 2017. We will be wed in Chicago towards the end of the month and were looking to take about 2 weeks to travel somewhere truly unique / exotic for our honeymoon. We are big fans of the beach, but also would like to enjoy some adventure (whether that is hiking, kayaking, or exploring a new city)
We were originally thinking Australia (Sydney or Melbourne), New Zealand (Queenstown), and French Polynesia (Bora Bora / Morea) but given that it is winter in the Southern Hemisphere we are concerned about the New Zealand / Australia portion of trip as it will be cold and potentially snowy.
My fiancee ideally would like to not encounter snow on our honeymoon but we would love to get your thoughts on winter time in both NZ / AUS. That being said, we would also like to hear what other countries we should considering visiting if we still wanted to do something with French Polynesia or Cook Islands.
Thank you for the help -- I know that this group can provide me with some ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AVG $ Passwords Reset Contact $ 1800~681 7208 $ AVG Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 70-Something Suggestions
- 3 Sydney High tea
- 4 Melbourne lodging locations
- 5 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 6 30 Days Down Under
- 7 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 8 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 9 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 10 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 11 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 12 Australia for two weeks.
- 13 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 14 Itinerary decisions
- 15 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 16 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 17 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 18 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 19 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 20 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 21 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 22 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 23 First time visiting Australia
- 24 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 25 Australia dollar