Hoping you may be able to provide some advice on a road trip we are planning around New Zealand for our honeymoon in mid October.
We have got 16 days in New Zealand, flying into Auckland and out of Christchurch. We are planning on renting a car and then stopping at hotels along the way. I know we will be slightly under pressure for time as we are planning to cover the main tourist spots across the north and South Island.
We ideally don't want to take any internal flights once we are in NZ and will plan to get the ferry between the north and South Island.
Would be great if anyone could provide a suggested itinerary for the 16 days or any key spots we shouldn't miss. Any recommended places to stay for honeymooners will also be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 BELLSOUTH 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT BELLSOUTH Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 2 week Australia recommendations
- 3 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 4 Sydney High tea
- 5 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 6 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 7 70-Something Suggestions
- 8 Melbourne lodging locations
- 9 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 10 30 Days Down Under
- 11 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 12 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 13 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 14 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 15 Australia for two weeks.
- 16 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 17 Itinerary decisions
- 18 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 19 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 20 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 21 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 22 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 23 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 24 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 25 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?