We are currently planning a trip to Australia, starting somewhere between 13th and 22nd of April and returning 4 - 13 May. Most probably we are going to have 19-20 full days. We intend to rent a car (we are 4 people, 2 of us are willing to drive) and spend our nights at campsites. None of us is much of a city person, we all prefer the nature, but of course, we are willing to see some city landmarks.
We are flying to and from Sydney. My first plans are something like (this is only the route, not the stops): Blue Mountains -> Melbourne -> Adelaide (is Kangaroo Island worth visiting at this time of the year?) -> Uluru -> Darwin -> Cairns -> Sydney. And my plans end here. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 2 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 3 Melbourne lodging locations
- 4 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 5 Christmas in Cairns
- 6 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 NYE Perth
- 9 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 10 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 11 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 12 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 13 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 14 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 15 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 16 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 17 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 18 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 19 2 week Australia recommendations
- 20 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 21 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 22 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 23 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 24 Australia + Surf
- 25 Car rentals from North/South Islands