I am flying into Auckland this weekend for a conference and will have 3.5 days to travel before hand. I've been to the south island before, which I loved it, and I am thinking of returning during this trip. However, I am trying to decide where to go with only 3 days (and jetlagged). Can anyone suggest where exactly I should spend my brief amount of time? I visited Queenstown, Milford Sound and the Routeburn track during my last visit, which was years ago.
I was thinking of either Wanaka, Glenorchy or Te Anau. Would anyone suggest one place over the other?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 2 Sydney High tea
- 3 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 4 70-Something Suggestions
- 5 Melbourne lodging locations
- 6 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 9 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 10 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 11 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 12 Australia for two weeks.
- 13 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 14 Itinerary decisions
- 15 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 16 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 17 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 18 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 19 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 20 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 21 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 22 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 23 First time visiting Australia
- 24 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 25 Australia dollar