My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for late August/early September next year and we are very interested in both Fiji and Queensland as options. Our main focus is going to be snorkeling, but since we are going for two weeks, we would like to have other options for activities as well. My main question is the difference in snorkeling quality between the Great Barrier Reef and Fiji. We are thinking about going to the Mamanucas and/or Yasawa Islands in Fiji.
I have been to Lizard Island in the GBR and thought it was just spectacular. I really appreciate the variety and healthiness of the coral there. We would love to go there, but the prices are pretty high and I don't think we'll make it there. Any advice on snorkeling Lizard vs other places on the GBR. Also has anyone been to both the GBR and Fiji and have advice on how the snorkeling compares between the two?
We really appreciate any advice and help, we are trying to make this the perfect trip!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 3 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 6 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 9 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 10 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 11 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 12 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 13 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 14 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 15 2 week Australia recommendations
- 16 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 17 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 18 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 19 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 20 Australia + Surf
- 21 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 22 Sydney High tea
- 23 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 24 70-Something Suggestions
- 25 Melbourne lodging locations
Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon?