I am just starting to put together another long weekend for my girlfriends and myself. Last year we were seven all up and headed for Melbourne, where we had an amazing time.
This time I'm thinking Sydney and the Blue Mountains, but not sure. I'm planning 4 days/3 nights. Was thinking of transferring directly from airport to Katoomba for maybe 2 nights. Then back to Sydney where I was thinking some walks might be nice. Now I do remember that a number of you have offered some ideas for walks before - not too long and I think sort of inner cityish?
I was originally thinking of staying at Caves House at Jenolan but not sure any more - we do like a nice feed but the restaurant there doesn't seem to have an inspiring menu. Though we do like staying at older type establishments. So now I'm thinking of staying in Katoomba/Leura and just doing a day trip to the Caves. A visit to the three sisters, a little bit of bush walking. Then back to Sydney hopefully to fit in a quick trip to Bondi - is there a train to take us out there? And just a walking type tour. No shopping!
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 2 Sydney High tea
- 3 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 4 70-Something Suggestions
- 5 Melbourne lodging locations
- 6 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 9 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 10 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 11 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 12 Australia for two weeks.
- 13 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 14 Itinerary decisions
- 15 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 16 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 17 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 18 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 19 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 20 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 21 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 22 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 23 First time visiting Australia
- 24 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 25 Australia dollar