My fiance and I have an upcoming trip to Cairns/Port Douglas planned with the intention of doing some dives around that area. I realize the reef is undergoing some problems in the north with the coral bleaching issue. How bad is the situation and should we attempt to revise our travel to try to go further south to avoid some disappointing dives? I'm not sure how easy it will be to revise our travel, but if it isn't going to give us the GBR experience we're hoping for, I think we'll go for it and change our plans.
Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 2 Melbourne lodging locations
- 3 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 4 Sydney High tea
- 5 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 6 30 Days Down Under
- 7 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 8 Australia for two weeks.
- 9 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 10 Itinerary decisions
- 11 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 12 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 13 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 14 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 15 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 16 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 17 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 18 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 19 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 20 First time visiting Australia
- 21 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 22 Australia dollar
- 23 Australia - first time
- 24 Sydney airport
- 25 Sydney Airport connecting flights