We're firming up our plans for our 3 week NZ holiday at the end of October and have some random questions?
Does anyone have any experiences to share regarding flightseeing on the SI? We are looking at a couple of different options. 1) Helicopter tour over Franz Josef/Fox/Mt Cook or helicopter to/from Franz Josef glacier hike and 2) Fly/cruise/fly between Queenstown and Milford Sound. Wondering if it's worth the $, worth the views, any safety concerns?
Also, we'll be spending a few days in the Blenheim/Renwick area. Any must-see wineries/restaurants/sights that you'd recommend? We like pretty much all varietals!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Best New Zealand Restaurants
- 2 Best New Zealand wineries Napier
- 3 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 4 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 5 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 6 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 7 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 8 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 9 Melbourne lodging locations
- 10 Christmas in Cairns
- 11 30 Days Down Under
- 12 NYE Perth
- 13 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 14 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 15 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 16 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 17 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 18 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 19 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 20 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 21 2 week Australia recommendations
- 22 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 23 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 24 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 25 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
Flightseeing & Wine Tasting recommendations on the South Island