Well it's official... I'll be traveling down under for vacation for the first time ever and have decided to come to Melbourne. My vacation time is somewhat limited and I didn't want to try and do too much on vacation and end up feeling like I didn't really enjoy it. So I decided on Melbourne for my first ever Australia trip because it looks like it has so much to offer. A little background on myself: I'm not the "adventurous" type, by that I mean things like diving, snorkeling and such don't really appeal to me. I am more of a sightseeing, food person who also enjoys a good bar every now and then. So my questions would be:
What would you recommend seeing?
Good recommendations on restaurants, bars? I love breakfast so if you know of some great places, by all means let me know.
I haven't booked yet but will be very soon and plan on traveling in April. How is the weather? What hotels would you recommend?
Also, is there a "dress code" for Melbourne? I mean don't get me wrong, I want to look nice but do you need to wear a suit and tie for dinner all the time? Well a nice shirt and nice blue jeans suffice most of the time down there? I guess I just don't want to look or feel out of place there
I realize I will probably get some many different answers and recommendations but that's what I want and I will appreciate it.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 3 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 4 Melbourne lodging locations
- 5 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 6 Christmas in Cairns
- 7 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 8 30 Days Down Under
- 9 NYE Perth
- 10 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 11 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 12 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 13 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 14 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 15 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 16 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 17 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 18 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 19 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 20 2 week Australia recommendations
- 21 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 22 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 23 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 24 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 25 Australia + Surf
First time to Melbourne, appreciate tips, help, and advice