I've really enjoyed reading through the forums as my partner and I plan our NZ itinerary for next October. I did a backpackers trip of NI/SI using InterCity bus transportation almost twenty years ago after university and can't believe it's taking me this long to get back to one of my favorite places on the planet!
1) There appear to be a number of discount car rental agencies that allow for one way rentals between Auckland and Christchurch. Does anyone have any recent experience with any of the following: Apex, Jucy, Ezirent? I generally use Avis or Europcar so wondering if there is any benefit of using the discount providers other than cost?
2) Any good recommendations on mid-range hotels in the major tourist locations? I've been looking at Millennium/Copthorne/Rydges along with using airbnb is some locales.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 18oo :681:72o8 password reset CONTACT SBCGLOBAL Tec*h 24x7
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 Sydney High tea
- 4 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 5 70-Something Suggestions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 8 30 Days Down Under
- 9 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 10 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 11 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 12 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 13 Australia for two weeks.
- 14 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 15 Itinerary decisions
- 16 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 17 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 18 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 19 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 20 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 21 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 22 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 23 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 24 First time visiting Australia
- 25 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
Experience with one way car rentals and mid-range hotels in New Zealand