Planning to drive in France from Valbonne to Annecy next month (December 2017) but don't know which route to take or where there is a good place to stay for a night or two (taking it slow with two young children). We'd ideally like to break up the drive.
Prefer to stay off motorways so we can stop more easily when we need and enjoy the scenery and French villages. But I don't know about weather conditions this time of year and if driving via Digne is a good idea?
Should also say that we'll be new to left hand drive (we're Aussies). I'm sure we'll be fine but thought I should mention in case that would change your suggestions.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give us!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 NORTON Installation Contact 18448533131 Tec*hh supp0rtt
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 Best New Zealand Restaurants
- 4 Best New Zealand wineries Napier
- 5 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 6 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 7 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 8 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 9 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 10 Melbourne lodging locations
- 11 Christmas in Cairns
- 12 30 Days Down Under
- 13 NYE Perth
- 14 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 15 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 16 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 17 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 18 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 19 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 20 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 21 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 22 2 week Australia recommendations
- 23 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 24 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 25 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?