I am planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand for next January 16-February 5th. My husband and I are currently flying to Brisbane and plan to go to Heron Island for first three days. Then we are going to Melbourne for a couple days of the Australian Open. We are trying to decide if we want to spend two more days driving the Great Ocean Road or head on to New Zealand to rent a car and explore there. Will the GOR be jammed with tourists about the 24th of January? Is the scenery less spectacular on the GOR and should we just cover more of New Zealand? I've had several people tell me to skip the GOR and just go on to NZ, saying it is that much more spectacular. Would appreciate input from those who have done both.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 BULLGUARD $ renewal Contact $ 1800~681 7208 $ BULLGUARD Tec*h care 24*7
- 2 Melbourne lodging locations
- 3 30 Days Down Under
- 4 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 5 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 6 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 7 70-Something Suggestions
- 8 Sydney High tea
- 9 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 10 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 11 Australia for two weeks.
- 12 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 13 Itinerary decisions
- 14 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 15 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 16 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 17 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 18 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 19 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 20 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 21 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 22 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 23 First time visiting Australia
- 24 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 25 Australia dollar