We are a family of 4 (kids are 9 & 7, very good travelers). We have 11 days in Australia, flying into Sydney mid August. I am thinking CBD sydney for a couple of days and can't decide if we have time to do the great barrier reef. Pushing it? I might skip GBR this trip if its not do-able for such a short stay so, perhaps a trip down to Melbourne. We are adventurous and outdoorsy family. Things to do with kids around this 2 cities? I really rather not do a ton of museums, etc unless its a must see. My daughter would love to hold a koala (I am already putting Taronga Zoo on the list). My husband is a photographer but have decided to skip Uluru this time. I am thinking the great ocean road in Melb.
How are public transportation? Also looking at apartments, I was reading the board and see that I should use stayz instead of airbnb because the former is more "australian based", thoughts? Rental car companies, any recs?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 YANDEX 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 2 week Australia recommendations
- 4 Sydney High tea
- 5 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 6 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 7 70-Something Suggestions
- 8 Melbourne lodging locations
- 9 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 10 30 Days Down Under
- 11 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 12 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 13 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 14 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 15 Australia for two weeks.
- 16 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 17 Itinerary decisions
- 18 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 19 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 20 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 21 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 22 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 23 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 24 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 25 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?