A friend has just suggested to me to join another few friends on a trip July 2011 driving from Darwin to Cairns. How realistic is this - know that it's a very long way and will take days to drive but is this worthwhile? Would love to see Katherine Gorge and Kakadu but once we get away from these is there much else apart from bush? She suggested that we may be camping which I'm not too sure about. Are there motels along the way? Could we rent an RV and use that or do we need a 4WD? So many questions!
Appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks, Laura
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 70-Something Suggestions
- 2 Sydney High tea
- 3 Melbourne lodging locations
- 4 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 5 30 Days Down Under
- 6 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 7 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 8 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 9 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 10 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 11 Australia for two weeks.
- 12 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 13 Itinerary decisions
- 14 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 15 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 16 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 17 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 18 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 19 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 20 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 21 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 22 First time visiting Australia
- 23 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 24 Australia dollar
- 25 Australia - first time