I would love some destination recommendations (Oceania) for a 7-10 day island vacation I'm planning for early September.
I'm considering: Fiji, Bali, Bora Bora, Mo'orea, and open to other recs. I don't know much about how these options compare to one another.
Essentials: beautiful beaches, scenic
Would also like: surfing, diving, hiking, cultural experiences,
On previous trips I have enjoyed staying in Airbnb type places for a more "immersive experience" away from main tourist hubs. If you have knowledge around the availability of this type of accommodation on any of the islands I'm considering that would be greatly appreciated! It looks like Bali has a lot of cool exotic looking Airbnbs at very reasonable pricing...
Would be interesting to know how costs compare in these places (once there...I've already looked at airfare).
Please share any recs, stories, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Miss World 2017
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 5 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 6 Itinerary decisions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 9 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 10 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 11 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 12 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 13 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 14 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 15 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 16 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 17 First time visiting Australia
- 18 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 19 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 20 Australia dollar
- 21 Australia - first time
- 22 Sydney airport
- 23 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 24 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 25 great barrfier reef