I’m in the preliminary stages of planning a trip to Australia for July 1st through the 26th with my girlfriend; we’re traveling from the United States. I have family in Melbourne and have been to the East Coast of Australia and Uluru numerous times.
This being said, I am planning this trip with my girlfriend and it will be her first trip to Australia. My idea of fun (bumming around Nimbin, skiing in at Mt Buller and hiking Tasmania) might not be the same as hers. What is your suggested itinerary for a trip of this time frame? Budget wise, how much should I plan for? In the past I have always traveled Australia and New Zealand on a backpacker budget of around $4000 - $5000 USD (including flights), but I don’t think this would be sufficient with my girlfriend. (Also, would a layover in Queenstown be worth it for a few days?)
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 DELL PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT DELL Techh care
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 Sydney High tea
- 4 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 5 70-Something Suggestions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 8 30 Days Down Under
- 9 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 10 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 11 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 12 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 13 Australia for two weeks.
- 14 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 15 Itinerary decisions
- 16 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 17 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 18 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 19 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 20 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 21 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 22 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 23 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 24 First time visiting Australia
- 25 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive